Friday, July 30, 2010

Summertime and the Raiding Ain’t Easy

Currently, our guild is enjoying some summer time relaxation in and out of WoW.    People are levelling/gearing up alts, trying out new class roles or just going on vacation or a well-deserved Wow-break.   I'm not complaining - it's nice for everyone to just dabble during these warm summery days and it forces us to get creative when we want to do a 10-man.  Sometimes it works (hello Flame Leviathan!) and sometimes it doesn't (boo Festergut!) however, we still have fun because we can laugh on Vent or in game.

 

I'm still trying to get my head around Death Knight tanking.  All of the numbers and the abbreviations make my head spin.  Plus, it doesn't help that I giggle every time I read "rune power dump".  (Teehee!)  I'm not convinced that my play style is conducive to DK's since I hardly ever look at my runic power bar plus I can't seem to gather a lot of threat quickly despite the suggestions I've received.   It seems that I'm constantly waiting for cool downs just at the moment where I lose aggro.  For now I think that it's a matter of practicing as much as the guild will tolerate so that I can get comfortable with the priority system and my bars.

 

It's a long weekend here (yahoo!) and even the fog and the overcast clouds outside can't damper my spirit! There's a transaction closing today at work which means leaving early might not be in the cards despite how much I bat my lashes.  Ah well – I'm looking forward to the WoW, dinner with friends and a wedding that's going to pack the next few days.

 

We've had an awesome couple of days with Regis and Chawa: long drives in the countryside, blatant disregard for our livers, loads of catching up plus we've got one more dinner planned with them.  I am going to be sad to say goodbye tomorrow – they are such a laugh!  However, knowing that I'll "see" them online on Sunday makes it a teensy bit easier to let them go. /tear

 

Happy Friday to all and I hope that you have a terrific weekend regardless of how long it is!

4 comments:

  1. Countryside? I grew up there.

    Buntz

    ReplyDelete
  2. oppsie – I didn’t mean to offend! As you know, we have a soft spot for scenic Wolfville but for a “city” gal like me that place is out in the boonies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh; not a problem in the least. I keep being amazed when people have been / heard of it.

    Buntz

    ReplyDelete
  4. They don't make homemade cheese in the city, Buntz! You's a country booooy!

    ReplyDelete